Monday, March 9, 2009

It's coming together.....

St. Martin's Church

The Chaucer Hotel

Okay, so a lot of things have been going on here. I have been swamped with everything going on. I have been trying to complete some exams that have been hanging over my head for a long time. Still working, but feeling a little better about it. 

This past week I was able to sing in the Cathedral for the second time. The university chorus and symphony orchestra performed on Saturday night. I hope that everyone enjoyed the show. Lots of well known people were in the audience, including Orlando Bloom. He was in the 6th row and very recognizable, even from a distance. But I have to be honest, I'm not really a star struck person. I don't go gaga over famous people, they are just people. I'm sure Mandy would have just loved it! Maybe you can see him when you are here in April; he's from the area.

Okay on to the next thing. We have been working hard to get everything ready for our wedding. We finally have a location for both the service and the reception, flowers, a cake, food, decorations, hats for the moms, and my dress. The only things we really have to figure out is the photographer, hymns, and what Andy is wearing. But other than that we are set. It has been very hectic trying to put all this together on such short notice and without help. We are getting there. I was so excited when I went to pick my flowers and when we met with the reception venue to plan the menu. I'm really starting to look forward to all this. Now I just have to do everything I need to do in the mean time. 

So just a short word about our church. St. Martin's is the oldest church in England. It really is a lovely little church made of reused red roman bricks and stones. It is the perfect size for our little ceremony. We are also able to have the choir sing and the organist play. I am so glad that this is possible. It would be a sad day if no one sang at our wedding. For our reception, we are using the Ivy Suite at the Chaucer Hotel. It is a beautiful little room where we can have an intimate sit down meal. We also get the use of the terrace for our pre-dinner drinks and finger foods. 

I am trying to use all local people for the items for our wedding. We live in a nice little area of the city and we are using a florist, pastry shop, and salon right around the corner from the apartment. I really am enjoying being a part of a little "neighborhood" and getting to know my neighbors, even if they are little shops and restaurants. 

Well, I must get to bed, I have a full week of studying ahead of me. If anyone just feels the need to write a paper on the role of the post-Reformation Cathedral just let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment