Sunday, June 28, 2009

I have a solution

Hello all! Lots of info about what is happening with us. Actually it is pretty boring right now. We haven't really been doing all that much. The weather is nice and cool, which is so amazing because we don't have an air conditioner. But we only have to deal with that until the end of August!
Okay, so posting the original wedding photos has been a pain. Often they take forever to load, and then sometimes they don't even work. So my love for polaroid photos has won over! There is this supercool program called Poladroid. It changes any photo into a digital polaroid photo! You are able to see them "develop" on your screen and you can even shake them. And these photos load super fast on blogger. So these are some of our wedding photos that I have transformed. I know they aren't nice and clean like the originals, but I love the old feel of them. I am going to be posting more about our wedding service soon (most likely, it will include polaroids). 

So I got a letter today from my department. They have sent back all of my finals and papers along with a letter telling me I can proceed to my dissertation. Thank goodness!!!! I was super worried. I had written a paper that I didn't feel very confident writing and it showed in the results. But I passed and that is all that matters! In fact I only had to pass all of this stuff to get to the dissertation. But I feel a lot more confident in the fact that now I only have it left to write. It still doesn't motivate me to go to the library (which is something I am working on) but hopefully it will give me the confidence I need to continue on. Only 3 more months to go!

So, I have had tons of questions about where we are going and what we are doing when we get back to the states. At the moment, our plan is to move back to Birmingham. Of course this depends on jobs. Andy is putting in portfolio's with several Birmingham area advertising agencies and we are hoping for the best. My plan is to get a job wherever I am able to and start my phd in the fall of 2010 at Tuscaloosa. Our lease here in Canterbury is up August 20, so that is the proposed date of our return. We might stay on until September, because that is when my thesis is due and Andy is worried I won't finish it if we go home. But honestly I am ready to go home now. I am tired of giving up everything I have, moving to a different place, and having to start all over again. I am ready to have a place to call home. I am also ready to live close to friends. We have absolutely no social life. I was so happy when our families were here because it was familiar faces doing things with us. I can't wait to get back to Birmingham and having coffee with friends or having game night. I would really like to start a Bunco group or a book group, or something fun like that where I can get together with other people and have a lot of fun. Oh and I can't wait for the $1 movies! 
Okay so more to come soon. Thank you all for following our little blog. It will become much more exciting soon because we will be traveling a little more in July and August. Feel free to pass us on to other people who might want to keep up with everything!

We love you all,
Suzie and Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment