Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The clouds are clearing

So I am finally feeling better. I went back to the doctor on Friday and they told me I was probably transitioning from the flu into the 'after effects' that appear as cold/sinus infection like symptoms that show up after your immune system is completely sacked. But at least I'm getting better. And with less than two weeks before we go home, it's about time. I am supposed to find out on Friday how long of an extension that I am going to get. The rule is if you are sick for more than 7 days the medical centre writes an official letter telling how long you get an extension for. So now I am just waiting on the department signing off on it as well. Despite the extension, I have a lot of work to do and over a slightly more stressful time. 

Let me preface this with the fact that I am not writing this for comments or sympathy, but because I just need to vent and get past it. At the moment this blog is a way to do that. -----Right now I am extremely frustrated. I just don't feel very encouraged. I really want to just write this paper and have it all finished with but it is not just something you can write overnight. I just want to wake up and feel like I can do this today, I can close this chapter of my life and move on to the next. But most of all I want to feel supported and like people believe in me. And at the moment I don't even really believe in myself. I am just tired and don't really have the energy to put in 16 hours of reading and writing. But I am going to because I have to and I want to be able to have a normal life again. Soon, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment